Obama-Voyager Scholarship for Public Service
Date and Time
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
The Obama-Voyager Scholarship is designed for rising juniors who intend a career in public service. Best link to application eligibility requirements - The Voyager Scholarship (obama.org).
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Plan to enroll full-time in their junior year of study at an
accredited four-year college or university in the United States in
Fall 2022. Eligible students are:
- Finishing sophomore year in Spring of the year of application
- Or transferring from a two-year to a four-year college for their upcoming junior academic year
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Have demonstrated a commitment to public service
- Plan to pursue a career in public service upon graduation
- Be a United States (US) citizen, US permanent resident (holder of a Permanent Resident Card), or an individual granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA)
AWARD: Up to $50,000 in financial aid
Students will receive up to $25,000 per year in “last dollar” financial aid for their junior and senior years of college. This financial aid should alleviate the burden of college debt so that students can afford to pursue a career in public service.
Summer Voyage: Students will also receive a $10,000 stipend and free Airbnb housing to pursue a summer work-travel experience between their junior and senior year of college. The students will design their own Summer Voyage to gain exposure to new communities and experience in a chosen field.
And more: Summer leadership workshop and leadership network
For more information, please visit: https://www.obama.org/voyager-scholarship/