GVSU Motorpool Vehicle Rental Procedures - Allendale Campus
Student Organizations requesting vehicle reservations must contact the Office of Student Life at 331-2345 for assistance.
If you need to rent a vehicle for university business, Facilities Services may assist you. To reserve a vehicle please complete the Vehicle Reservation Form, and email email@example.com or fax the form to (616) 331-3841 attn: Customer Service at least 10 days prior to the trip. All reservations are subject to availability. If you have any questions please contact Customer Service at (616) 331-3000.
*The Pupil Transportation Act (257.1810) prohibits K-12 age children from being transported in 12 or 15 passenger vans. (Please plan accordingly for your programming needs.)
University Motorpool Vehicle Rental Option
The University Motorpool has one 7-passenger mini-van and two 15 passenger vans that are available for department use on a first come basis in lieu of utilizing a rental agency. Roadside Assistance is not available for the GVSU Motorpool vehicles. The rental charges/policies are as follows:
- Daily usage $.50 per mile with a minimum daily charge of $20.00.
- Extended usage fees are $60.00 per day (7 passenger vehicle) and $80.00 per day (15 passenger van) with no additional mileage charges. (More than four hours)
- A vehicle rental form, including your FOAP, must be received prior to the rental of the vehicle, and before a vehicle will be released to the department.
- The customer/department will be responsible for returning the vehicle fueled and in clean, good condition. If not, the department will be charged for the fuel and labor to restore the vehicle to good condition.
- Due to Covid-19 there will be cleaning supplies in each van, please wipe down touch points and seats after each use.
- Extensions of a rental will not be permitted with the GVSU motorpool vehicles. Many other departments have scheduled usage for day trips.
- No pets Allowed in vehicles.
- Failure to cancel a reservation (less than 48 hour notice) will result in a $20.00 fee.
Rental Agency Option
Enterprise has a variety of vehicles available for rental. See options at www.enterprise.com. To receive the Grand Valley discount you will need to complete the Vehicle Reservation Form and email it to the Facilities Customer Service Office ( firstname.lastname@example.org). Rental rates are comparable with the university motorpool costs. There is now a $45.00 charge by Enterprise to deliver vehicles to the Allendale campus (Lot D). Charges will be direct billed by invoice. Enterprise will charge a minimum 2 day rental if you are renting Friday - Sunday. If you need to pick up the vehicle at the Gerald R. Ford Airport, Kathy can assist you, call 331-3000. (Enterprise does not allow their 12 or 15 passenger vans to travel into Canada or Mexico.) See additional car rental information on the Vehicle Rental Procedures web page.
Keys may be picked up at the Customer Service Front Desk located in the Service Building, between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
GVSU mini-vans are parked in the All Rental Vehicles lot. GVSU 15 passenger vans and Enterprise rental vehicles are parked in the north part of Lot D-2 during the academic year. Each trip may have one vehicle parked in lot D-2. You must obtain a permit from email@example.com. All other vehicles must be parked in Lot J during your trip. All vehicles must have a GVSU parking permit. If you do not, then you will need to make arrangements with the Parking Services Department (email firstname.lastname@example.org). Additional questions regarding parking may be answered by contacting Parking Services at (616) 331-7275.