GVSU Motorpool Vehicle Rental Procedures - Allendale Campus
Student Organizations requesting vehicle reservations must contact the Office of Student Life at 331-2345 for assistance.
If you need to rent a vehicle for university business, Facilities Services may assist you. To reserve a vehicle please complete the Vehicle Reservation Form, and email [email protected] at least 10 days prior to the trip. All reservations are subject to availability. If you have any questions please contact Customer Service at (616) 331-3000.
*The Pupil Transportation Act (257.1810) prohibits K-12 age children from being transported in 12 or 15 passenger vans. (Please plan accordingly for your programming needs.)
University Motorpool Vehicle Rental Option
The University Motorpool has one 7-passenger mini-van and four 15 passenger vans that are available for department use on a first come basis in lieu of utilizing a rental agency. Roadside Assistance is not available for the GVSU Motorpool vehicles and the vehicles cannot be taken out of Michigan. The rental charges/policies are as follows:
- Daily usage $.60 per mile with a minimum daily charge of $25.00.
- Extended usage fees are $70.00 per day (7 passenger vehicle) and $90.00 per day (15 passenger van) with no additional mileage charges. (More than four hours)
- A vehicle rental form, including your FOAP, must be received prior to the rental of the vehicle, and before a vehicle will be released to the department.
- The customer/department will be responsible for returning the vehicle fueled and in clean, good condition. If not, the department will be charged for the fuel and labor to restore the vehicle to good condition.
- Extensions of a rental will not be permitted with the GVSU Motorpool vehicles. Many other departments have scheduled usage for day trips.
- No pets Allowed in vehicles.
- Failure to cancel a reservation (less than 48 hour notice) will result in a $25.00 fee per vehicle.
Rental Agency Option
Enterprise has a variety of vehicles available for rental. See options at www.enterprise.com. To receive the Grand Valley discount you will to speak to your department Enterprise liaison. If your department does not have a liaison, you will need to complete the Vehicle Reservation Form and email it to the Facilities Customer Service Office ( [email protected]). Rental rates are comparable with the university motorpool costs. There is now a $45.00 charge by Enterprise to deliver vehicles to the Allendale campus. Charges will be direct billed by invoice. Enterprise will charge a minimum 2 day rental if you are renting Friday - Sunday. (Enterprise does not allow their 12 or 15 passenger vans to travel into Canada or Mexico.) See additional car rental information on the Vehicle Rental Procedures web page.
Key Pick-up and Drop-off
Keys may be picked up and dropped off at the Customer Service Front Desk located in the Service Building, between 7:45 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. For after hours key drops, please use the drop box next to the entrance of the Department of Public Safety.
GVSU mini-vans are parked in the Service Building Lot. GVSU 15 passenger vans are parked in the north part of Lot D-2. Enterprise rental vehicles are parked in the back service lot or outside the entry to the Department of Public Safety.. Each trip may have one permitted Facility/Staff vehicle parked in lot D-2 or the back lot of Facilities Services. If you are not a Facility/Staff member or do not have a permit, you must obtain a one from [email protected]. Additional questions regarding parking may be answered by contacting Parking Services at (616) 331-7275. https://www.gvsu.edu/parking/