“Staying in Place” order will be in effect for GVSU students living in Allendale Township from September 17 through October 1. Read more
Training and Certification
CITI programs provide education and testing around topics involving research such as research integrity and export controls. Personnel engaged in work governed by a Technology Control Plan (TCP) are required to complete export control training in CITI.
Registering for CITI training only takes a few minutes. You can take the course at your own pace using interactive activities and online resources. After taking the test, download the completion certificate. If you do not pass the first time, repeat the course until a passing score is achieved.
CITI: Getting Started Instructions
1. Click the CITI logo above. If that link does not work for you, go to citiprogram.org and select "Log In." At the next screen, select, "Log in through my institution" and choose "Grand Valley State University" from the list.
2. Enter your GVSU network ID and password. This will take you to your CITI dashboard.
3. To add a course: Click "Add a Course" and answer the questions on the next screen to select the Export Compliance course.
4. Once the course is added, click the name of the course to launch the content. You must read and click on the attestation that appears before you are allowed to begin the modules.
5. Complete all required course modules and quizzes. You will receive a certificate of completion once you have successfully passed the course. You can take the course at your own pace and you are not required to complete the course in one sitting. If you do not pass the first time, you can take the course again.