Preparing a Successful Sabbatical Application Workshops: June 7
Tuesday, June 7, 2022
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
The University Sabbatical Review Committee (USRC) invites you for a virtual workshop on preparing a successful sabbatical application. Please join us on June 7, from 1 - 2 pm for a live workshop with USRC members.
This workshop has a pre-recorded information video, and a one hour synchronous session for Q&A on June 7. Be sure to register early in Sprout so we can send you the video with the pre-recorded information.
This one hour workshop will include information about the sabbatical
review process as well as tips for writing a successful proposal, with
Q&A. During the second hour, participants will be able to get
direct feedback from committee members that will move their sabbatical
proposal writing forward.
This interactive presentation will explore how to prepare a successful sabbatical application, including pre-planning, writing to address the University criteria, developing effective objectives, and creating a realistic work plan. Most importantly, participants will learn what makes a proposal strong or weak in the eyes of the reviewers.
Who Should Attend:
- Faculty who will be submitting an application on September 1
- Unit-heads in departments that will have faculty applying
- Faculty members who are two or three years away from their sabbatical and plan on seeking a fellowship (Fulbright, Wilson, ACLS, DAAD, Peace Corps Response) or sponsorship as a Visiting Scholar at a National/International Lab or embedded position within an industry
Participants Will Be Able To:
- Hear directly from colleagues who review sabbatical applications
- Pitch your sabbatical ideas to committee members to get immediate feedback
- Request pre-reads and feedback from committee members prior to the September 1st deadline. *Note: the deadline for pre-read requests is July 15, 2022*
- Understand the potential compliance concerns (IRB, Animal, Export Controls, Intellectual Property) associated with many sabbatical applications
Hoping to see you there!
Please register through Sprout. Workshops will take place virtually.
Sponsored by the Center for Scholarly and Creative Excellence
Share this event
This event was added to the calendar by Janet Potgeter (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Thursday, April 28, 2022 and was last updated on Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 8:12 p.m.
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Social Innovation Master's Project Presentations- Summer 2022Online
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Writing Workshop for Fall STEM Fellowships: NSF-GRFP, DAAD-RISE, Goldwater and more!Online
2nd Quarter Travel Dissemination Grant Applications Period OpensOnline
3rd Quarter Travel Dissemination Grant Applications Period OpensOnline