Let's Talk - Black Mental Health
Thursday, January 27, 2022
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Allendale Campus, Online
*LET’S TALK BLACK MENTAL HEALTH IS INTENDED FOR BLACK AND AFRICAN AMERICAN STUDENTS
Let’s Talk provides easy access to having a one-on-one conversation with mental health counselors from the GVSU University Counseling Center.
Let’s Talk meetings are…
- Free for currently enrolled GVSU students
- Offered first-come, first-served (no appointment necessary)
- Typically, about 20-25 minutes in length
- Not a substitute for formal counseling
- Not appropriate for urgent concerns or mental health emergencies. If you are in crisis, please refer to our emergency services
Let’s Talk is the best fit for students who
- Aren’t sure about counseling or wondering what it’s like to talk to a counselor
- Aren’t interested in ongoing counseling but would like the perspective of a counselor
- Would like to talk through a specific problem with someone
- May not need formal counseling, but could benefit from one-on-one professional support
Please note that we have both general Let’s Talk times open to everyone and some times tailored for specific groups. The counselors have expertise and competency in working with underrepresented students on campus. All counselors work with students who are experiencing symptoms of anxiety, depression, relationship concerns, and are managing the impact of living in a pandemic.
Let’s Talk is offered both in-person (Kirkhof Center 1140) and virtually. If you choose to attend in-person, you must show the counselor your passing COVID self-assessment and wear a mask during the meeting.
Let’s Talk is offered both in-person (Kirkhof 1140) and virtually. If you choose to attend in-person, you must show the counselor your passing COVID self-assessment and wear a mask during the meeting.
Please visit www.gvsu.edu/counsel/letstalk for location and link information
University Counseling Center
Share this event
This event was added to the calendar by Mikaela Padgen (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Thursday, January 13, 2022 and was last updated on Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at 10:41 a.m.