For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Bring It to the Table: Educator Training
Date and Time
Thursday, March 12, 2020 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
You can RSVP for this event
Bring it to the Table is a documentary film that encourages people to stop bickering about politics, examine their own assumptions, and truly engage in civil discourse to help move our democracy forward. Bring it to the Table encourages people to really listen to what others really think. Join us for this film event which inspires civil discourse that leads to real change. The Padnos/Sarosik Civil Discourse Program and their partners in the Hauenstein Center, Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation, the College of Education Educational Foundations and Teacher Education departments, and the Office of Student Life invite you to join them for a screening of the film Bring it to the Table.
This educator training, led by filmmaker and civil discourse leader Julie Winokur, will begin with a screening of the film, "Bring It to The Table," introducing tools of active listening. Participants will learn ways to facilitate open and honest conversations in the classroom, even around complicated topics. Breakfast included and 2.5 SECHs available.
- Date: Thursday, March 12, 2020
- Location: Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation DeVos Learning Center: 303 Pearl St NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- 8:30 a.m. Breakfast, Film Screening and educator workshop with filmmaker Julie Winokur
- Watch trailer
- Cost: $5 ( includes program and breakfast): current GVSU College of Education students enrolled in Teacher Assisting or Student Teaching attend at no charge.
- 2.5 SCECHs available
- RSVP Now
For more information, please visit: https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07egqe08kj50ccfd3e&oseq=&c=&ch=
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (616) 254-0409