LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
2021-2022 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
A minimum 2.0 GPA is required in the psychology minor. A minimum 2.7 GPA is required in the minor for students seeking teaching certification at the secondary level.
Requirements for a Minor in Psychology
Psychology minors are required to take a minimum of six courses in psychology totaling at least 20 semester hours of credit. PSY 101 is required, as is a methods course chosen from PSY 300 OR if the student is a social work major: SW 430.
Psychology minors must take one course from three of the six following categories totaling nine hours:
- PSY 330 - Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience (3 credits)
- PSY 375 - Comparative Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 431 - Introduction to Neuropsychology (3 credits)
- PSY 432 - Psychopharmacology (3 credits)
- PSY 301 - Child Development (3 credits)
- PSY 305 - Infant and Early Childhood Development (3 credits)
- PSY 331 - Adolescent Development (3 credits)
- PSY 364 - Life Span Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 303 - Psychopathology (3 credits)
- PSY 324 - Developmental Psychopathology (3 credits)
- PSY 420 - Theories of Personality (3 credits)
- PSY 452 - Counseling: Theories and Applications (3 credits)
4. Social Context
- PSY 355 - Psychology and Culture (3 credits)
- PSY 360 - Social Psychology: Psychology's View (3 credits)
- PSY 381 - Group Dynamics (3 credits)
- PSY 445 - Industrial/Organizational Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 357 - Psychology of Language (3 credits)
- PSY 361 - Perception (3 credits)
- PSY 365 - Cognition (3 credits)
- PSY 311 - Controversial Issues in Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 362 - Environmental Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 366 - Perspectives on Aging (3 credits)
- PSY 370 - Cognitive Neuroscience (3 credits)
- PSY 405 - History and Systems (3 credits)
- PSY 410 - Tests and Measurements (3 credits)
Students choose two additional psychology courses, totaling six credit hours, as electives.
Course Restrictions in the Minor
For students who choose to take PSY 399 and/or PSY 499, no more than three credit hours in these courses may be counted toward the minor. Psychology minors must take at least one-third of the credits constituting their minor from the Psychology Department.