Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
2019-2020 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Political Science Minor
- Requirements for a Minor in Political Science Credits: 21
- Requirements for a Teachable Minor in Political Science Credits: 24
Requirements for a Minor in Political Science Credits: 21
Students minoring in political science are required to complete at least 21 hours in political science, including PLS 102 and one of the following: PLS 103 or PLS 211. Of the remaining 15 credits, there must be one course in each of the following four fields: American politics, comparative politics, international relations, and political thought. Please see the list of elective courses by category in the political science, B.A., B.S. section of the catalog. At least nine credit hours must be at the 300-level; independent studies, internships, P LS 495 and the B.S. degree requirements courses do not count toward the 300-level requirement. No more than six credits of internship or independent study may count toward the minor. PA 307 may count as an American politics elective.
Requirements for a Teachable Minor in Political Science Credits: 24
Students seeking a teachable minor in political science must take the following courses as part of the General Education Program: ECO 210 - Introductory Macroeconomics and GPY 235 - World Regional Geography, and complete the political science teachable minor requirements.
Required Courses (Credits: 24)
- PLS 102 - American Government and Politics (3 credits)
- PLS 103 - Issues in World Politics (3 credits)
- PLS 206 - American Constitutional Foundations (3 credits)
- PLS 303 - Introduction to U.S. Environmental Policy (3 credits)
- PLS 211 - International Relations (3 credits)
- PLS 232 - Modern Political Thought (3 credits)
- HST 204 - World History since 1500 (3 credits)
- SST 310 - Teaching Social Studies: Secondary (3 credits)