2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Web Application Fundamentals
The School of Computing's web application fundamentals badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish the following:
- Evaluate the potential risks of solutions for web architectures and applications.
- Identify and assess emerging web technologies.
- Describe the overall landscape and stakeholders in the web standards process.
- Develop a Web-based application using a modern web stack.
- Describe the RESTful principles underlying the web.
Completion of a bachelor's degree and evidence of basic object-oriented programming skills, knowledge of databases, and basic understanding of TCP/IP are required for admission.
The badge is offered on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
The badge comprises one course (three credits).
Students must take: