2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Software Design and Development
The School of Computing's software design and development badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish the following:
- Engage in modern software engineering processes.
- Analyze the requirements for a software project.
- Design a solution for a software project.
- Develop a mobile application.
- Create a relational database and learn how applications use databases for persistent storage.
The software design and development badge is comprised of three courses (nine credits).
Completion of a bachelor's degree and evidence of object-oriented programming skills are required for admission.
The software design and development badge is offered at Pew Grand Rapids Campus, located in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.