2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Palliative/Hospice Care Model
Learners will be able to do the following:
- Analyze evolving demographics and healthcare economics that require an improved understanding of healthcare services for individuals who require palliative and/or hospice care.
- Apply evidence-based practice strategies and research findings to design and implement interdisciplinary care to individuals requiring palliative and/or hospice care.
- Differentiate and apply legal and ethical principles in the analysis of complex issues in palliative and hospice care.
- Analyze common barriers and facilitators of timely and effective palliative and/or hospice care.
- Examine the history, trends, and the global state of palliative/hospice care with the goal of defining a discipline-specific philosophy for practice.
- Create culturally sensitive interdisciplinary healthcare based on awareness of socio-cultural preferences.