2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Palliative/Hospice Care Complex Symptom Management
Learners will be able to do the following:
- Analyze the total symptom burden of persons requiring palliative and/or end-of-life (EOL) care in the United States across disciplines.
- Compare and contrast the diagnosis and evidence-based strategies to assess and manage pain in persons requiring hospice and/or palliative care.
- Formulate a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach to physical and supportive care needs of persons with life-limiting illness.
- Interpret common symptom clusters and therapeutic approaches to improve symptom burden and quality of life from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Appraise cultural influences on pain, symptom burden, and perceptions of life-limiting illness.
- NUR 582 - Complex Pain and Symptom Management (3 credits) with a B or better