2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Networking Principles
The School of Computing's networking principles badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish tasks that include the following:
- Identify major networking protocols
- Distinguish the OSI and TCP/IP protocol stacks
- Discuss network addressing schemes
- Describe routing of messages through the internet
- Create a program that communicates over sockets
Completion of a bachelor's degree and evidence of basic object-oriented programming skills are required for admission.
The badge is offered on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
The badge comprises one course (three credits).
Students must take: