2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Information Visualization Fundamentals
The School of Computing's information visualization fundamentals badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish the following:
- Recognize abstract data that does not have a physical correspondence in the real world
- Develop new and innovative visualization to support information exploration, decision-making, communication and information sharing
- Evaluate different approaches to information visualization
- Critique different approaches used for information visualization
- Use various systems, tools, techniques, and visual metaphors.
Completion of a bachelor's degree and evidence of basic object-oriented programming skills are required for admission.
The badge is offered on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
The badge comprises one course (three credits).
Students must take: