2023-2024 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Information Visualization Fundamentals
The School of Computing's information visualization fundamentals badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish the following:
- Recognize abstract data that does not have a physical correspondence in the real world
- Develop new and innovative visualization to support information exploration, decision making, communication and information sharing
- Evaluate different approaches to information visualization
- Critique different approaches used for information visualization
- Use various systems, tools, techniques, and visual metaphors.
Completion of a bachelor's degree and evidence of basic object-oriented programming skills are required for admission.
Classes are offered fully online, in a hybrid format, or in-person in the late afternoon or evening in downtown Grand Rapids.
The badge comprises one course (three credits).
Students must take: