2023-2024 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Information Systems Management
The School of Computing's information systems management badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish the following:
- Analyze the business needs that drive the need for IS solutions
- Compare and contrast stakeholder roles in IS development
- Explain a typical IS project life cycle
- Evaluate and choose appropriate system development life cycles and methodologies
- Explain the interaction between the process groups, knowledge areas, and processes
- Adapt basic tools, templates, and techniques to the planning, organization, and management of an information systems project
- Apply the principles defined in the Agile Manifesto to IS project management
- Discriminate between Agile and traditional approaches to IS project management
The information systems management badge is comprised of three courses (9 credits).
Completion of a bachelor's degree, and evidence of object-oriented programming skills are required for admission.
Classes are offered fully online, in a hybrid format, or in-person in the late afternoon or evening in downtown Grand Rapids.
The information systems management badge consists of three courses (9 credits), including: