2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Information Security Fundamentals
The School of Computing's information security fundamentals badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish the following:
- Analyze risk, using a variety of risk evaluation techniques.
- Evaluate security policies.
- Discuss legal and ethical issues related to information security.
- Write incident response plans for common attacks.
- Compare security countermeasures, accounting for cost and usability concerns
Completion of a bachelor's degree is required for admission.
The badge is offered on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
The badge comprises one course (three credits).
Students must take: