2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Embedded Systems
The School of Engineering's embedded systems badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students in the following areas:
- Develop and debug basic computer programs for engineering applications using structured programming language and interactive development environment.
- Understand the internal architecture and interfacing of different peripheral devices with microcontrollers.
- Integrate hardware and software to design microcontroller-based applications to control an electromechanical system.
- Write necessary firmware for implementing a rudimentary real-time operating system using assembly and other programming languages.
- Understand the working of digital and analog interfaces with the microcontrollers.
Completion of bachelor's degree and evidence of programming skill is required for admission.
The embedded systems badge is offered on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus, located downtown in Grand Rapids, MI.
The embedded systems badge is comprised of the following courses: