2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Database Fundamentals
The School of Computing's database fundamentals badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish the following:
- Describe database management systems.
- Choose appropriate data types for a given problem (include dates and times).
- Create schemas.
- Create tables.
- Apply integrity constraints to data.
- Convert a schema between different normalization forms.
- Write queries to manipulate and read data.
- Write "join" operations to combine tables together.
Completion of a bachelor's degree and evidence of basic object-oriented programming skill are required for admission.
The badge is offered on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
The badge comprises one course (three credits).
Students must take: