LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
2020-2021 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Bachelor of Business Administration
Requirements for the Major in Business Administration
To complete the requirements for graduation with a B.B.A. degree, the following course requirements for a total of 120 undergraduate hours must be met: general education; business core; business major, major requirements listed with information on individual majors; cognates; and electives.
All business core courses acquaint you with various fields in business and help you learn to communicate, to interact, and to assume responsible positions in your chosen field.
For the B.B.A., you must complete the following courses.
- ACC 212 - Principles of Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 213 - Principles of Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- BUS 201 - Legal Environment for Business (3 credits)
- BOTH ECO 210 - Introductory Macroeconomics (3 credits) AND ECO 211 - Introductory Microeconomics (3 credits) OR ONLY ECO 200 - Business Economics (3 credits)
- Upper-division economics course (not ECO 490) Credits: 3
- FIN 320 - Managerial Finance (3 credits)
- MGT 268 - Business Processes and Management Information Systems (3 credits)
- MGT 331 - Managing People and Organizations (3 credits)
- MGT 366 - Operations Management (3 credits)
- MGT 495 - Administrative Policy (3 credits)
- MKT 350 - Marketing Management (3 credits)
Students are required to select one class from the following list. This course may count toward the major or minor if applicable.
- ACC 333 - Corporate Governance and Accounting Ethics (3 credits) (required of all accounting majors)
- ECO 440 - Public Economics and Ethics (3 credits)
- FIN 330 - Ethics in Finance (3 credits)
- MGT 340 - Ethics and Business, Social Justice and Sustainability (3 credits)
- MGT 438 - Business Ethics (3 credits)
- MKT 375 - Marketing Ethics (3 credits)
Required Business Electives
Three upper-division business courses are not applied to the major or minor (nine credits total). However, these courses can be applied toward a second business major if one is declared.
Students may elect non-business or business courses to fulfill their elective course requirements. Students may apply up to six hours of internship and independent research credit, in any combination, toward their degree requirements. Business majors may not take any of the major courses, except the internship and study abroad courses, on a credit/no credit basis.
Suggested Order of Coursework
- Begin general education Foundations and Cultures requirements
- Begin and complete 100- and 200-level business major requirements
- Complete general education Foundations and Cultures requirements
- Include at least one course designated as Supplemental Writing Skills
- Begin and complete 200-level business cognate and core requirements
- Complete the required Seidman Success Standard courses prior to the third year for access to 300-level business courses (all GPA and credit hour requirements criteria apply)
- Begin 300-level cognate and core requirements
- Begin business major and elective courses (please see a Seidman College faculty mentor for guidance on elective courses)
- Begin Issues required courses in the General Education curriculum
- Complete Seidman College of Business major and elective courses
- Complete the Seidman College of Business Capstone
- Complete Issues requirements
- Complete second Supplemental Writing Skills course