2019-2020 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Bachelor of Business Administration
- Requirements for the Major in Business Administration
- Requirements for the B.B.A.
- Suggested Order of Coursework for Seidman Majors
Requirements for the Major in Business Administration
To complete the requirements for graduation with a B.B.A. degree, the following course requirements for a total of 120 undergraduate hours must be met: general education; business core; business major, major requirements listed with information on individual majors; cognates; and electives.
Requirements for the B.B.A.
All business core courses acquaint you with various fields in business and help you learn to communicate, to interact, and to assume responsible positions in your chosen field.
For the B.B.A., you must complete the following courses.
- ACC 212 - Principles of Financial Accounting Credits: 3
- ACC 213 - Principles of Managerial Accounting Credits: 3
- BUS 201 - Legal Environment for Business Credits: 3
- ECO 210 - Introductory Macroeconomics Credits: 3 AND
- ECO 211 - Introductory Microeconomics Credits: 3
- OR ECO 200 - Business Economics (3 credits) Credits: 3
- Upper-division economics course (not ECO 490) Credits: 3
- FIN 320 - Managerial Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 268 - Business Processes and Management Information Systems Credits: 3
- MGT 331 - Concepts of Management Credits: 3
- MGT 366 - Operations Management Credits: 3
- MGT 495 - Administrative Policy Credits: 3
- MKT 350 - Marketing Management Credits: 3
Students are required to select one class from the following list. This course may count toward the major or minor if applicable.
- ACC 333 - Corporate Governance and Accounting Ethics Credits: 3
- ECO 440 - Public Economics and Ethics Credits: 3
- FIN 330 - Ethics in Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 340 - Ethics and Business, Social Justice and Sustainability Credits: 3
- MGT 438 - Business Ethics Credits: 3
- MKT 375 - Marketing Ethics Credits: 3
Required Business Electives
Three upper-division Seidman courses are not applied to the major or minor (nine credits total). However, these courses can be applied toward a second business major if one is declared.
Students may elect nonbusiness or business courses to fulfill their elective course requirements. Students may apply up to six hours of internship and independent research credit, in any combination, toward their degree requirements. Business majors may not take any of the major courses, except the internship and study abroad courses, on a credit/no credit basis.
Suggested Order of Coursework for Seidman Majors
- Begin general education Foundations and Cultures requirements
- Begin and complete 100 level Seidman major requirements
- Complete general education Foundations and Cultures requirements
- Include at least one course designated as Supplemental Writing Skills
- Begin and complete 200 level Seidman cognate and core requirements
- Complete the required pre-admission courses prior to the third year for access to 300-level business courses (all GPA and credit hour requirements criteria apply)
- Begin 300 level cognate and core requirements
- Begin Seidman major and elective courses (please see a Seidman faculty mentor for guidance on elective courses)
- Begin Issues
- Complete Seidman major and elective courses
- Seidman Capstone
- Complete Issues
- Complete second Supplemental Writing Skills course no later than senior year