Skip to main content

2019-2020 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog

Search Help

Center for Adult and Continuing Studies


Executive Director: Simone Jonaitis



The Center for Adult and Continuing Studies provides programs and services that link the needs of lifelong learners with the resources of the university.

Program Information

The Center for Adult and Continuing Studies coordinates academic programs, services, and professional development for students at regional sites and locations throughout Michigan. The Center for Adult and Continuing Studies recognizes the unique needs of the nontraditional student and the multiple time constraints and demands of an individual's experience. For more information about programs and services available at Grand Valley's campuses and regional sites throughout Michigan, please contact us by phone at (616) 331-7180 or on the Web at

The Center for Adult and Continuing Studies also coordinates the following professional development and community engagement opportunities:

  • Grand Forum
  • Skills training and certification

Details about these programs can be found in the Community Resources section of the catalog. Classes are offered in Allendale, Grand Rapids, Holland, Muskegon, and Traverse City.


The Meijer Campus in Holland is designed to meet the lifelong learning needs of the community. At this location, Grand Valley State University offers a range of opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and community members including professional development, transfer student support, and research/service initiatives. The campus also houses partnerships with other educational entities to best serve our community's needs. For additional information about Meijer Campus in Holland, call (616) 394-4848 or visit

Transfer Connections serves transfer students in Kent, Muskegon, and Ottawa counties with locations at Grand Rapids Community College (GRCC), Muskegon Community College (MCC), and Grand Valley's Meijer Campus in Holland (GVSU). Staff members are available to help students who transfer from other colleges and universities acclimate to Grand Valley State University. Services include transfer advising, adult and veteran support, and help with navigating the academic and cultural landscape of the university.

  • GRCC: Located in the Student Center Building, room 327, third floor
  • MCC: Located in the James L. Stevenson Center for Higher Education, room 1106
  • Meijer Campus in Holland: Located at 515 Waverly Road, Transfer Services office

For more information, please contact (231) 771-0505 or (616) 215-9067 or schedule an appointment online at

Traverse City

Grand Valley State University offers degree completion and a full range of services to Northern Michigan. The Traverse City Regional Center, located at the Northwestern Michigan College University Center, offers undergraduate degrees in allied health and integrative studies. Students can earn a master's degree in education, physician assistant, and social work. Individuals and organizations seeking additional information about Grand Valley in Northern Michigan can call (231) 995-1785 or visit


Grand Forum Scholarship for Continuing Education
This scholarship provides financial assistance to persons whose college education was interrupted for one or more reasons and who wish to continue to pursue earning a college degree at Grand Valley. Candidates must be returning as undergraduate students. Candidates must have a minimum of 24 prior credits at Grand Valley and be enrolled as a degree-seeking student with at least three credit hours. They must demonstrate financial need as defined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Scholarship amount varies and cannot exceed the cost of three credits.

If you are in need of assistance please submit any questions or comments.