GVSU VACCINE REPORTING
8/25/2023: Please Note: Med+ Proctor, in error and without approval from GVSU, sent emails to GVSU faculty, staff, and students indicating that all incoming and new students are required to complete and submit vaccine records to comply with admission requirements. This was an error. GVSU's vaccine policy encourages submission of vaccine information (not records). For students in health professions or who are interning with health providers, see below, or contact Health Compliance with questions.
All incoming first-year and new undergraduate transfer students are asked to complete a vaccination survey to report their vaccination status for a variety of common vaccine preventable diseases. Please note: Students will not be required to provide proof of vaccination, but they are asked to inform GVSU of their vaccination status via a survey. Students are also able to upload their vaccination records in the system.
Grand Valley State University has partnered with Med+Proctor to collect and review immunization information for our students.
Grand Valley is not currently requiring any vaccines, although, you may need to show proof of vaccines if you are enrolled in a health/health-related program that requires health compliance OR if you will engage in a course, internship, practicum, co-op, or similar learning experience that will require you to be on-site or interact with staff from a health-care organization i.e. hospital, clinic, hospice, skilled nursing, community mental health, etc. For additional questions please contact the Health Compliance Office or email [email protected].
HOW TO COMPLY
- With a standard Med+Proctor account (free), you do not retain access to your uploaded immunization documentation.
- With a Med+Proctor Pro account ($10), you receive lifetime access to your uploaded immunization documentation. The $10 fee is for students who desire to use Med+ Proctor's enhanced service. If you don't want the enhanced service, be sure to click on "To continue without paying." It is written in smaller type under the $10 fee info. Click on that to continue without paying. There is also another optional fee for expediting documents. At this time, this is NOT recommended.
- For any other questions or problems using the service, Med+Proctor has an online chat to help.
2. Complete required personal information, download the immunization certificate, and follow the directions provided.
3. Once the immunization forms are received, you will receive an email confirmation saying the forms have been accepted. Please note: this means the information was uploaded properly.
- For individuals who report complete on all vaccines that satisfy requirements, your status will be changed to vaccinated.
- Students with incompletes on specified vaccines or choose not to answer, will be considered “unvaccinated” and considered at risk for common communicable diseases.
- Students who fail to comply by the first billing cycle will be considered unvaccinated.
GETTING YOUR IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
There are a few options on how to get your immunization documentation:
- Contact your physician's office
Michigan residents: If you are 18 years of age and older you may be able to download your State of Michigan immunization record from the Michigan Care Improvement Registry. Please have a valid government-issued photo ID available to sign in and access your immunization record. To access the Michigan Immunization Portal for citizens visit MIImms Portal here.
- GVSU students may also visit the Campus Health Center and the GVSU Family Health Center
I SUBMITTED MY VACCINATION INFORMATION, WHAT'S NEXT?
The response may include:
- Request for additional information.
- Acknowledgment of a completed vaccination information survey
- Individuals who do not submit vaccination information will be considered unvaccinated in case of an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease on campus and will be required to follow all university protocols for unvaccinated individuals.