Health Compliance Overview
View the Health Compliance Policy
Health Compliance at Grand Valley State University is established to ensure that all students, faculty, and staff participating in clinical or non-clinical experiential education or research at health-related affiliated facilities meet certain requirements. Infectious communicable diseases may be present in affiliated facilities. To protect everyone involved, Health Compliance requirements are established using local, state, and federal statutory regulations, accreditation standards, and GVSU policy. Health Compliance requirements are discipline-specific and are established in collaboration with each health-related academic program, as well as being contractually bound by Affiliation Agreements.
Submitting Health Compliance Documents
Health Compliance documents should be uploaded directly to the to-do list in a student's account by submitting clear, legible scanned or photograph image files.
- CastleBranch accepts files of 5MB or smaller in the following formats: [csv, doc, dovx, html, odp, ods, odt, ppt, rtf, sxc, sxi, sxw, txt, wp, wpd, xls, xlsx, bmp, jpg, gif, png, pdf ].
- Applications for mobile devices such as CAMScanner or Microsoft OneNote can assist in converting photos to pdf files.
- Copy machines with scanning capabilities are located in the following locations (scan documents and send to your GVSU student email account):
- Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences (CHS): CHS 100 - Student Academic Success Center
- Allendale Campus: Mary Idema Pew Library Learning & Information Commons - Print Rooms (one per floor); printers can print, copy and scan
- Pew Campus: Steelcase Library at DeVos
Original documents should be kept by the individual in their personal file for future reference.