Welcome to the Grand Valley State University's Battle Creek Regional Outreach Center!
Grand Valley State University’s Battle Creek Regional Outreach Center will support career exploration and provide individualized educational planning assistance to facilitate educational goal attainment. The Center will also support the educational goals of K-12 students, transfer students, and adults in the community, while providing resources to assist Battle Creek Public Schools in their district transformation.
The Battle Creek Regional Outreach Center serves Regional Communities and K-12 Schools by providing educational resources and support, including:
- College and career exploration
- College admission application and essay support
- College advising
- Assistance with Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) completion and submission
- Scholarship application/essay support
- Educational events
Battle Creek Public Schools partnered with GVSU and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation to positively impact education in the region by implementing twelve initiatives:
Initiatives Supporting Battle Creek Public Schools Educators:
- Project-Based Learning
- High Leverage Teaching Practices
- Student Teacher Pipeline
- Paraprofessional Pathway
- New Teacher Mentoring
- GVSU Battle Creek Regional Outreach Center
Initiatives Preparing Students for Careers in Health, Education, STEM:
- Dual Enrollment Courses- Allied Health and Education
- Career Exploration Summer Camps (sHaPe, STEPS, Teacher Education)
- Freshman Health Career Exploration Fair
- STEM Academy Curriculum
The Center is open from 8:00-5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
The Center is located at 8 West Michigan Ave., Battle Creek, MI 49017.
Walk-ins are welcome! Call Us Today at 616-331-7610.