International Business, B.B.A.
The international business (IB) major prepares students for the challenges of doing business in a complex and exciting global economy. Students learn to analyze problems unique to international business, and develop technically and culturally appropriate solutions to them.
Students majoring in IB graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree, which is AACSB accredited. Requirements include:
- Upper division IB coursework
- Cultural component
- Second business major
- Study abroad program
- Foreign language minor
Why Study International Business at Grand Valley?
- The faculty have worked and/or consulted with local, national, and international companies. They are specialists in international business, and they have strong academic credentials.
- Courses integrate the latest technologies via the Internet, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Class sizes are small around 35 students and this lets you and your professors get to know each other.
- Study abroad programs prepare you for a global economy and society, as you live within another culture and meet people from around the world. GVSU has study abroad programs in 34 countries.
- We help you find internships that relate to your functional specialty in international business. You will gain valuable business experience and still manage your class and study schedule.
Location & Format
- Face To Face
IB program requirements include:
- International accounting
- International economic issues
- International financial management
- Multinational marketing
- International management
- International human resources
IB students will find career opportunities in:
- Auditing and taxation
- Business development
- Freight forwarding
- Global sourcing strategy
- Product development
- International operations
- Marketing management
- Supply chain planning
Combined Degree Programs
This undergraduate degree can be combined with a master's degree to save you time and money, and get you into the workforce sooner. On average, students save $8,500 in our combined degree programs and take up to four fewer classes than if earning the degrees separately.
You can even build your own combined degree from programs in different disciplines to further personalize your education and meet specific career goals.
Each year, the Seidman College of Business admits a select few students directly into the business college as first-year students. This honor is reserved for students who have a 26 or higher composite score on the ACT, or a score of 1240 and higher on the SAT, and a 3.5 or higher high school GPA.
For students not admitted as first-year students, the Seidman College of Business's admission criteria require students to have
- completed at least 55 semester hours (junior status);
- achieved a 2.5 or higher overall GPA; and
- completed select courses with a 2.5 or higher combined GPA. Transfer student grades for comparable classes being transferred into Grand Valley will be used to calculate this combined GPA.
Visit catalog for more details.
“Business is global. Employers need solutions to manage international customers, vendors, employees, and competition. A B.B.A. in International Business from GVSU prepares talent to perform in high value, high responsibility roles that meet these challenges.”
PRA GLOBAL, INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ALUMNUS