Pew Teaching Excellence Awards were established to recognize distinguished teachers from around the university and are presented at the Faculty Award Convocation each year. Nominees are selected by students, alumni, other faculty, or academic units. A link to the nomination form and procedures is found below.
This award is based on the following criteria, which are not ranked by order of importance, nor exclusive:
- Uses multiple approaches in classroom/laboratory instruction and evaluation
- Stimulates intellectual curiosity in students
- Shows evidence of being current in field/discipline
- Demonstrates commitment to student learning as instructor, role model, or positive influence on career development of students
- Reflects on past teaching experience to improve current practice
Page last modified August 20, 2012