Overview for Part-time Faculty
New Part-time Faculty Online Orientation
This document will serve as a guide for you as you move through the materials we have put together to help you get off to a good start teaching at GVSU.
In each section below you will find a link to screen cast presentation about a topic. Included in each section are links to some of the web links to some of the resources featured in the screencast.
At the end you will find a link to a survey where we seek your feedback about this online orientation.
Follow this link to the Online Orientation.
Welcome To GVSU!
Open Office Hours
Please consider attending Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center Drop-in Office Hours, designated to assist faculty with questions related to your role as a teacher. Topics include course design, teaching and learning strategies, creating assignments, and a review of a wide variety of resources available to you as a faculty member. Feel free to bring your syllabus, assignment, or any other material if you wish. We have set aside time on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus:
- Wednesday, January 3, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m., L. William Seidman Center 2001
- Friday, January 5, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m., L. William Seidman Center 2001
Fall 2017 Orientation Materials
Slides/Resources from the Fall 2017 Part-time Faculty Orientation:
- Introduction to Disability Support Resources
- Engaging Students in Learning
- Looking for question stems that can be used to help students develop their critical thinking abilities? Here are a few of my favorite resources:
We have also assembled online resources for you to explore on our New Faculty website, including:
- Important Dates
- Links to teaching resources and campus student support services
- Faculty Quick Start Guide
- University Syllabus Requirements
- Campus Maps and Driving Directions