LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
What's New in the CMS
As of July 1, an updated version of the CMS Accessibility Training is live. The prior version of the CMS accessibility training was provided by DeQue University. We brought this training in-house, and developed the training specifically for the GVSU CMS.
The new training features a 16 minute video, followed by a 10 question quiz.
Here are some common questions:
How often do I need to complete this training?
- The GVSU Web Accessibility Policy states that training be done minimally every 12 months.
I recently completed the accessibility training. Will I also
need to complete this training?
- No. For example, if you completed the DeQue training in March 2019, you will be required to complete this updated training by March 2020.
How will I know when I need to take the training?
- When you log into the CMS, click on the link that says "CMS Trainings" on the left hand side. This will show when your current training expires.
What is the difference between the DeQue training and the
- The GVSU Training was built entirely by the Web Team. It is more condensed and tailored towards the CMS. The DeQue training required a 90 minute video, whereas the GVSU Training video has been condensed to 16 minutes.
My student only uses the CMS to view form results. Will
they still need to complete the training?
- Yes. A new requirement for access to the CMS is that everyone must complete the training, regardless of their permission level.
Will I be notified when my training is set to expire?
- There will be no more e-mails to indicate your training will expire. However, you will receive a notification when you try and log into the CMS. This notification will appear 30 days prior to when your training will expire.
With the new GVSU Training, will shared network accounts
need to complete the training?
- The CMS will no longer allow shared accounts to log in for security and accountability purposes. CMS will check Banner to make sure they are an active employee, or have credits as a student. If they do not meet either criteria, they will not be allowed to log in.
I just added a new user to the CMS. How long before they
can have access?
- The GVSU Accessibility training is built into the CMS. This means as soon as the user is created, the training is available. Once the user completes the accessibility training, they will have access.
Am I able to view the accessibility video without taking the training?
- Of course! Visit the Web Team YouTube Page.
Posted by Zachary McCurdy on Permanent link for Updated Accessibility Training on July 2, 2019