LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Army ROTC at GVSU
Army ROTC is an elective curriculum you take along with your required college classes. It gives you the tools, training and experiences that will help you succeed in any competitive environment. Along with great leadership training, Army ROTC can pay for your college tuition. Because Army ROTC is an elective, you can participate during your freshman and sophomore years without any obligation to join the U.S. Army. You will have a normal college student experience like everyone else on campus, but when you graduate, you will be commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Army.
Benefits of ROTC:
- Gain valuable leadership experience
- Receive additional tuition assistance
- Earn your undergraduate degree while preparing for an officer career in the United States Army
- Enhanced incentives for those currently in the National Guard or Army Reserves
- Train with cadets from nine other colleges and universities in Southwest Michigan
Eligibility for ROTC:
- Must have at least 4 full semesters remaining at GVSU (for Junior and Senior level and Graduate Students). Summer semester does not count.
- Must be free of legal restrictions.
- No major physical ailments that would prevent military service
- Must be a US citizen
Commitment after completing ROTC program:
- If selected for Active duty, you will serve full time in the active Army for 3 years (4 years for scholarship winners)
- If selected or you choose for Reserve Duty, you may choose to serve part-time the U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard while pursuing a civilian career for 6 years (8 years for scholarship winners)
To schedule a visit or to learn more about the Army ROTC program at GVSU, please contact the ROTC Scholarship and Enrollment Officer at 269-387-8122 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org