Credit Bearing Internship Academics

Step 1: Request Course Equivalencies

You will need to request a course equivalency from a relevant GVSU department to determine how the course would transfer back to GVSU.

To request  a course equivalency, you must contact the appropriate department contact by sending them an email (see Sample Email) or meeting with them in-person to fill out the Departmental Course Approval Form together.

The following information must be provided for each course you're seeking an equivalency for:

  • Detailed overseas course description (a syllabus is preferred)
  • Number of contact hours

If you are having any difficulty finding the above, contact the Padnos International Center for assistance.

Students requesting course approvals from the Seidman College of Business must provide the following information in order for their request to be considered:

  • Institution/ Program       
  • Course name & #             
  • Course Syllabus               
  • Contact Hours               
  • US Credit Hours             
  • Website documenting this information

Step 2: Send Forms to Padnos International Center

Emails with course equivalencies listed should be forwarded to Rebecca Hambleton at Completed 'Departmental Course Approval Forms' should also be turned in to Rebecca Hambleton.