Quincy Williams is the Undergraduate and Internship Coordinator.
224C DeVos Center
Williams earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Human Service Agency Management and Recreation Administration from Missouri Valley College, Marshall, Missouri, and his Master of Arts from Lindenwood University, St. Charles, Missouri with a Certification Nonprofit Professional (C.N.P.) from both institutions.
While at GVSU, Williams, has served on numerous university ad-hoc and professional committees. Prior to joining GVSU, Williams served as the National Director of Internships and Placement Programs for the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance, Inc. where he designed and implemented the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance National Internship, Scholarship and Career Placement Programs. Before joining the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance national office, Williams taught undergraduate classes in the Human Service Agency Management and Recreation Administration and was Director of Greek Affairs at Missouri Valley College.
Mr. Williams is very activity in community serving on numerous boards including:
- Lakeshore Ethnic Diversity Alliance, Holland
- Michigan Boy Scouts of America, Grand Rapids
- Michigan Latino Outreach Community Center, Holland
- Michigan Innocademy Charter School, Zeeland
- Michigan Adoption Family Support Network, Grand Rapids
Williams is married (Michelle) and has four children.
- To relax, I like to ... spend time with my family, coaching baseball, softball and wrestling.
- The book I am currently recommending to my friends is ... Healing Racism in America, Nathan Rutstein
- The best advice I ever got was ... "We learn from failure, not from success!"
- My favorite places in the world is ... Allen Fieldhouse, 1651 Naismith Drive, Lawrence, KS 66044 (Home of the Kansas Jayhawks basketball).
- People are often surprised to find out that I ... am certified to coach and officiate collegiate wrestling, baseball, and softball.
- My favorite foods are ... authentic Italian, Mexican and Chinese.
- My personal hero is ... Lt. Colonel Gurnie C. Gunter (Retired US Army), Grandfather
- My favorite country that I visited is ... Tanzania