LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
- Be a leader, exercise good judgment, and take the high ground in all online disputes.
- Converse like a real person and remember the people who are reading your posts are real people.
- Remember that audiences who may be reading your posts could include current and prospective students, faculty members, staff members, donors, alumni, legislators, parents, school counselors, the media, or future employees.
- Be aware of what is considered appropriate behavior in other countries and cultures in the world. Be mindful of how your words, actions and images may be perceived. Know your audience before you post.
- Create a social media strategy by identifying the following:
- Content calendar
- Take advantage of university resources that can help you succeed. Call University Communications or email email@example.com with questions, or when seeking advice or help: (616) 331-2221
- Clearly state your name, title, department, university
- Admit mistakes and fix them
- Share your knowledge
- Be accurate
- Stay on topic
- Don’t spam
RECONSIDER BEFORE YOU POST
- Posts can never be eradicated because of archival systems, forwards, retweets, etc., so think before you post, especially when discussing something potentially sensitive
- Maintain confidentiality
BE RESPONSIVE TO FEEDBACK
- Continue the conversation flow
- Build community
- Don't argue
LINK TO GRAND VALLEY WEBPAGES
To provide further information that will remain up-to-date, link to Grand Valley webpages. This also increases the search engine optimization of those pages and reinforces the connection to Grand Valley.