For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
In addition to individual major requirements, all Seidman students must meet the following criteria to graduate:
- 120 total credits
- 2.500 overall GPA
- 2.500 Seidman GPA
- Two SWS courses
How to Apply for Graduation
When you are nearing the completion of your program - usually the semester before you plan to finish your degree requirements - you must file an application for graduation. There is no fee for applying to graduate.
Please submit your graduation application to the Registrar’s Office via myBanner. Select Student, Student Records, and Apply to Graduate. When selecting the term of graduation, students should select the semester in which their degree requirements will be complete.
- If you fail to apply for graduation, your graduation date will be postponed.
- Students should apply to graduate for the term in which all degree requirements will be completed.
- Students who are graduating this summer need to apply for summer graduation. Apply by February to be included in the commencement book. You will automatically be invited to the winter commencement.
- Commencement ceremony information can be found here.
- Degrees are awarded three times per year: Fall, Winter, and at the end of the Spring/Summer semester.