COLLABORATE & NETWORK
These skills become even more valuable as you continue, both professionally and personally. At Seidman College of Business, we developed a groundbreaking mentorship program that fosters learning agility for students and mentors.
Mentees are first-year students paired with Peer Mentors that are upper level students (e.g., junior and senior status).
Peer Mentors are upper level students (e.g., junior and senior status).
They mentor Mentees and receive mentorship from Business Mentors.
Business Mentors are professionals that meet with Peer Mentors.
Mentees + Peer Mentors
- Navigate the university
- Access resources
- Identify interests and possible career paths
Peer Mentors + Business Mentors
- Explore and identify careers
- Help establish work-life balance
- Provide a sounding board for life's questions
- Connect with your mentor or mentee biweekly or monthly.
- Spend on average one-hour per month on the program.
- Options to communicate via text, phone, video, or in-person.
- Thoughtful mentor and mentee pairing
- Support provided by the Seidman College of Business Mentorship office
- Invitations to the Seidman College of Business Mentorship networking and community events
- Satisfaction of giving back to Grand Valley State University and making a difference in a student’s life