Follow these steps if you have a student who wants to take 399/499 with you
- Have them fill out the contract with your guidance – contract for 399 / contract for 499; informational sheet on both courses.
- Credit hours are determined by how many hours they plan to work with you. Each credit hour = 3 hours of work they must do with you roughly per week.
- Note that students cannot do more than 6 credits across both 399 & 499 combined that count towards their major. Any credits beyond the 6 credits will count as general graduation credits and not towards the major specifically. Note that only a max of 25% of a student’s total credit hours for graduation can be pass/fail (roughly 30 credits), so have them keep that in mind as well.
- The section they denote in the form will correspond to the number of credits they plan to take:
i. 399-1 is 1 credit; 399-2 is 2 credits, etc.
d. CRN numbers for the specific courses can be found in the scheduling system in Banner – these vary by semester, so have them pick the correct one!
2. Once the contract is completed, Mikhila Wildey will email you a copy and ask you to verify everything is correct.
3. Once you have approved the email, the student will be given a permit into the course and then an email is sento them stating that they can register for the course.