Mission, Vision & Values
In the Seymour and Esther Padnos College of Engineering and Computing, academic advising is a collaborative, developmental process which facilitates communication among faculty, staff and students. Our mission is to assist students in understanding and interpreting University protocols and requirements along with effectively connecting students to College communities, so they may develop as a student, professional and citizen.
To develop an academic advising program in which every student is provided with current advising information and receives advising at least once a year from well trained faculty and staff advisors.
• Knowledgeable advisors who provide timely advice to keep advisees informed about academic progression
• Accurate, up-to-date resources including curriculum guides, major handouts, and advising forms
• Committed to ongoing professional development for all advisors
• Consistent, regular contact beginning in a student's first year or the first semester enrolled at GVSU
• Accessible to students
• Strong local expertise concerning internships and employment
GVSU Accreditation 2018
At GVSU we are committed to Student Outcomes Assessment. We establish relevant outcomes for our academic and co-curricular programs at all levels, and ensure they are met through regular and rigorous assessment practices.
Student Outcomes specific to The Seymour and Esther Padnos College of Engineering and Computing - Student Service Advising office are based on students understanding program requirements and using that knowledge set up appropriate class schedules.
Please view our outcomes and objectives on our Student Outcomes Page.