Closed Class Permits

During your time at GVSU it is likely that you will want to take a class that is closed. There is no universal policy for handling closed classes at GVSU. Here are a few tips as you try to add a closed class:

1. Submit a Permit Override Request Form on MyBanner. You can find the Permit Override Request Form link at the bottom of the "Sections Found" page after you choose a course to view. (See illustration at right.)

2. You can check the status of your request on MyBanner page, under Student, followed by Registration. At the bottom of the page you will see a link labeled Registration Override Requests Summary. That link will allow you to check the status of your Permit Override Requests for both fall and winter semesters.

3. If you are curious about the status of your permit, or you have questions about your permit, you will want to contact that course's department directly. For example, if you have a question about your MTH 201 permit, you will need to contact the Math Department.

4. Another option is to check MyBanner frequently to see if someone drops the course and a seat opens.


Page last modified February 21, 2020