LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
The program goals for the Medical Laboratory Science program represent the guiding principles of the curriculum. The graduate will:
- demonstrate the entry-level competencies and attitudes necessary for safe, accurate, and effective practice as a Medical Laboratory Scientist
- be competent in exercising principles of management, safety, and supervision
- understand the role of professional socialization and collaboration for increased autonomy, credibility, and the further professionalization of the field
- understand the importance of establishing and maintaining communication with other health care professionals in order to promote a more responsive, patient-focused, health care delivery system
- understand the role of research and scientific inquiry as applied to the practice, education, and leadership of the profession