Maps and Hotel Information
Here are some maps and directions that may be helpful to you before and during the Math in Action and Conversations Among Colleagues 2023 conferences.
Hotels and Travel
An interactive GVSU Campus Map with Directions to GVSU is available. The MIA and CAC conferences will be held on the Allendale campus in Mackinac Hall (MAK, Building 45).
2023 Hotel Information.pdf - The greater Grand Rapids area has a wide variety of hotel accommodations within a 25 minute drive of the GVSU Allendale Campus. The conference planning committees have identified three hotels for conference attendees to consider as a starting point for those needing a place to stay Friday or Saturday night. We have NOT reserved blocks of rooms in these locations nor made any arrangements with these private businesses. The PDF includes this Google map overview of these hotel locations.
For additional options, please visit the GVSU hotels page, which lists many other local lodging choices in the greater Grand Rapids area.
GVSU does not warrant the reliability, quality or effectiveness of any products or services offered, nor does it imply an endorsement of the views, information, products or services provided. All transactions, communications and administration of the products or services are strictly between the user and the service providers. GVSU does not benefit financially in any way from your purchase of any products or services. Additional information, including campus maps, parking information, and driving directions, is available.
Day of the Conference
A zoom-in of the campus map showing the areas where Math in Action and CAC events will occur:
- Parking is in Lot C or D. Lot C is just across N. Campus Drive from MAK. Lot D is just north of MAK.
- Check-in and registration is in Mackinac Hall (MAK), first floor, D-Wing. Enter near the tall yellow statue in the circular area just outside the building.
- All regular sessions occur in MAK, first floor, D-wing (MAK D1-xxx).
- Keynotes will be held in Manitou Hall (MAN). Look for signs and directions in Mackinac Hall -- Manitou is directly connected to Mackinac.
- Lunch **updated** will be served at "The Dish" in Kleiner Commons (KLC), which is located to the northeast of MAK (the figure shows the original lunch location, to the west of MAK).
- Your meal ticket is behind your nametag badge
Click to zoom the map.