We're open in person and online for GVSU students, faculty, and staff. Here's what you need to know to have a safe and successful visit. We continue to provide support online for GVSU students, faculty, and staff through our online services.
Due to the Staying in Place order, the University Libraries is open for individual study only. No gatherings or group activities are allowed. Strict adherence to preventive measures is required, including the wearing of face coverings in the library at all times.
Collections and Locations
The University Libraries house a robust collection of resources in multiple formats that support the research and scholarship activities of students and faculty members, including over 650,000 print volumes, 60,000 electronic journals, and more than one million e-books. Grand Valley State University is a depository for United States government documents. Each library’s collection is tailored to its location and the programs it serves, with daily deliveries of physical materials between all University Libraries locations.
- Mary Idema Pew Library Learning and Information Commons (Allendale campus)
- Steelcase Library (Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids campus)
- Frey Foundation Learning Center (Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences, Grand Rapids Health campus)
- Seidman House (Allendale campus)
- Curriculum Materials Library (Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids campus)
- Course Reserve: We can digitize materials so you can add them to your electronic course reserves.