About the University Libraries
Grand Valley State University Libraries was the proud recipient of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) 2012 Excellence in Academic Libraries Award. The University Libraries purposefully collect, teach, display, discover, disseminate and preserve information, in all its forms, to support the university curriculum and fuel the intellectual life of the university. We connect scholars and learners to resources. We create spaces and programs that inspire the university community and promote inquiry as an essential life skill. Each library’s collection is tailored to its location and the programs it serves, with daily deliveries of physical materials between all University Libraries locations.
The University Libraries are committed to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility. We strive to provide an environment in which all members of the campus community feel welcome, safe, supported, respected, and valued. All library staff and faculty are active in the ongoing work of identifying and eliminating barriers to ensure that all members of the library community are able to fully participate in library spaces and services. We work to ensure that our tools, devices, services, and environments are available and usable by as many people as possible.
- Mission, Vision, Values, Pillars, Priorities, and Goals
- IDEA: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility
- 2021 Library Services Platform Migration
- 2020 Collections Review
- Hiring and Job Opportunities FAQ
- UL Faculty Governance Committees
- Faculty Tenure and Promotion Guidelines
- UL Faculty Assembly Racism Impact Statement
- University Libraries Personnel Policy Committee (ULPPC) response to the ULFA - Racism Impact Statement
- Remediation of Harmful Language in GVSU Libraries Descriptive Data Statement
- LINK - Staff Intranet (GVSU username required)
- Staff Knowledge Base (GVSU username required)
- Student Learning Outcomes