What is LendGR?
LendGR is a community support program that offers technical assistance and market-based solutions for community members with limited access to capital and resources. Clients will work with student consultants out of the The Richard M. and Helen DeVos Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (CEI), in the Seidman College of Business.
This is an on-going technical assistance program designed to assist small and micro businesses, especially women owned, minority owned, and veteran owned as these are the key target populations. We are focused on building value for our community, and enhancing the learning of our students by providing them an opportunity to apply their education in a real world setting.
Who is eligible for LendGR
The Technical Assistance is available to West Michigan startups, micro and small businesses that are in the early stages of business with barriers and limited resources. The business must have no more than 25 employees.
What technical assistance is available through LendGR?
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Social media development
- Marketing material (logo, business cards, etc)
- Search engine optimization
- Market research
- Competitor research
- Web content writing
Do I need to have already started a business?
No. We would like for you to have a well-thought-out idea that you are passionate about pursuing.
Do I need to have a business plan?
No, but would like the idea to be well-thought-out with clear milestones and next steps you need to continue to grow the idea.
How long will the project last?
Each client engagement will be limited to 25 hours of probono work.
Do I have to pay for services/technical assistance?
No. Services are free to individuals with limited access to capital and resources. However, each client engagement will be limited to a maximum of 25 hours of free consulting and project work.
How will this work?
- Once we receive your application, it will be reviewed by one of our staff members
- If project approved, a client will be provided with a Consent Agreement Form to start the process
- The project will be assigned to one of CEI student consultants
- The student will reach out to the client via email or a virtual meeting to get more information, set project specifications and timelines
- The student will work to develop the tangible solution
- The final solution will be delivered to the client electronically
- Client provides feedback via final assessment and survey
If you have more questions, or would like to talk to one of our staff members about the program, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (616) 331-7582