Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development Partnerships at Grand Valley provides continuing education for educators throughout Michigan. We can:
- Create partnerships with schools and agencies, as long as a GVSU faculty or staff representative is included in preparation and delivery of the program.
- Award university credit for training workshops.
- Provide State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) for professional development workshops.
- Create and administer both synchronous and asynchronous SCECH programming.
Updated Hot Topics for Educators will be coming soon!
Some of the services provided include helping you:
- Earn GVSU academic credit for workshops and seminars you are already taking through your district or local agency.
- Learn more about graduate degree programs and endorsements at GVSU. Visit the College of Education & Community Innovation's Education Graduate Degree Programs website for more information.
- Learn more about content-area endorsements at GVSU. Visit the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Endorsements website for more information.
- Earn SCECHs
- Take academic and/or SCECHs courses in our Hot Topics for Educators series specifically designed to bring current topics in education to the classroom.
- Answer questions about educator certification in Michigan. Additional resources are available on the Office of Certification & Accreditation's Certification webpage.
For additional inquiries, please contact the Center for Adult & Continuing Studies at (616) 331-7180 or [email protected].
State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs)
We assist teachers, administrators, school psychologists and school counselors in meeting their professional development needs. The GVSU processing fee for SCECHs is $10/participant. We offer the following services:
- State approval of SCECH hours
- Sign-in/out systems for participants
- Registration processes
- Upload eligible participants to the Michigan Online Educator Certificate System (MOECS)
- Maintain course records for Michigan Department of Education audits
For a list of courses offered for SCECHs, go to the Michigan Online Educator Certification System website, click on SCECH catalog, select Grand Valley State University as sponsor and search.
The Michigan Department of Education has authorized an academic credit conversion. If a course is being offered for academic credit it can be converted to SCECHs using the following chart:
- 1 academic credit = 25 SCECHs
- 2 academic credit = 50 SCECHs
- 3 academic credit = 75 SCECHs