LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development Partnerships at Grand Valley provides continuing education for educators throughout Michigan. We can:
- Create partnerships with schools and agencies
- Award university credit for training workshops
- Provide State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) for professional development workshops
Hot Topics for Educators is offering an online class, Grow Your Tech Skills to Improve Student Learning & by Engaging with Your Colleagues, June 14-18, 2021 for academic credit or SCECHs to help educators create meaningful learning for their students while collaborating with colleagues in class.
You have the option to take the course for 3 academic credits or 75 State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs).
For academic credit:
1. If you are already or have been a recent student at Grand Valley, login to your account in My Banner at https://www.gvsu.edu/banner. From there, search for EDT 601 01 and register for the course.
2. If you are a new student to Grand Valley, call the Registrar's office at (616) 331-3327 and let them know you are a new student and want to take a summer education course.
1. Click on the course link below to register and pay for the course. If you haven't taken a SCECHs course with us before, you may need to create an account. Payment is due upon enrollment.
Academic tuition for 3 credits is $2,154.
SCECHs Course fee for 75 SCECHs is $499.
If you have further questions about the Hot Topics for Educator series or this class, please contact our office at (616) 331-7180 or by email at email@example.com
Some of the services provided include helping you:
- Earn Grand Valley graduate academic credit for workshops and seminars you are already taking through your district or local agency
- Learn more about graduate degree programs at Grand Valley. Go to the College of Education's Graduate Degree Programs website for more information
- Earn SCECHs
- Take academic and/or SCECHs courses in our Hot Topics for Educators series specifically designed to bring current topics in education to the classroom
- Answer, or provide a referral, questions about teacher certification in Michigan
Contact the Professional Development Partnerships office for more information at (616) 331-7180.
State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs)
We assist teachers, administrators, school psychologists and school counselors in meeting their professional development needs. The GVSU processing fee for SCECHs is $10/participant. We offer the following services:
- State approval of SCECH hours
- sign-in/out systems for participants
- registration processes
- upload eligible participants to the Michigan Online Educator Certificate System (MOECS)
- maintain course records for MDOE audit
For a list of courses offered for SCECHs, go to the Michigan Online Educator Certification System website, click on SCECH catalog, select Grand Valley State University as sponsor and search.
The Michigan Department of Education has authorized an academic credit conversion. If a course is being offered for academic credit it can be converted to SCECHs using the following chart:
- 1 academic credit = 25 SCECHs
- 2 academic credit = 50 SCECHs
- 3 academic credit = 75 SCECHs