Kirkhof College of Nursing - Strategic Planning Development
Academic Affairs Draft Strategic Plan | Updated: October 10, 2022
A sustainable and equitable world powered by inclusive education and engaged scholarship.
We empower learners, through scholarship-informed practices, experiential education, and deep community engagement to contribute to a sustainable society.
- We believe that education is an individual right and a social value to support democratic equality.
- We prioritize the success, sense of belonging, and well-being of all GVSU community members
- We honor experiences, expertise, voices, and perspectives of all
- We center our practices in equity-minded, just, and transparent approaches.
- We cultivate lifelong curiosity, creativity, and open inquiry through conversation and collaboration.
Strategic Pillars / Strategic Commitments
- Empowered Education:
We center students in everything we do and are driven by our impact on them.
We empower learners to grow, succeed, discover their path forward, and engage in our wider community.
- Scholarship, Research & Innovation:
We value all forms of inquiry and scholarly endeavors.
We model being teacher scholars by engaging in cutting-edge scholarship to inform our practices.
We foster creative, innovative approaches in all aspects of our work.
- Inclusive Integrated Pedagogy:
We intrinsically value diverse forms of learning and foster high-impact, equitable practices that enable all students to learn.
We integrate liberal and professional education in both disciplinary and interdisciplinary ways. We foster equitable learning environments inside and outside of the classroom.
- Partnership & Community Engagement:
We foster deeply engaged relationships with our partners and surrounding communities.
We partner to develop our shared unique contributions to a sustainable society, locally and globally.
Provost Office | Division of Academic Affairs ~ Draft Strategic Plan
Reach Higher 2025 is the GVSU strategic planning effort that was approved by the Board of Trustees and that now guides GVSU. Academic Affairs builds on the RH2025 plan to shape our Mission, Vision, Guiding Principles, and Strategic Pillars/Strategic Commitments. The Office of the Provost welcomes constructive feedback, suggestions, or general comments from our Academic Affairs community. The feedback form can be found at the bottom of the draft strategic plan for Academic Affairs.