LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Data & Analytics
Data and Analytics office is committed to partnerships within the university and the community to develop and implement a data-driven strategy where data powers digital transformation and decision-making.
Grand Valley State University’s Data & Analytics office and the Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy are excited to assist MERIT Network Inc. and Ottawa County as they deploy the County’s multiphase Digital Inclusion Strategy Initiative.
The first phase of the effort is being coordinated with Merit Network’s Michigan Moonshot statewide program to address and bridge the digital divide in Michigan. After a few months of working with the Ottawa County Data Collection Steering Committee, Merit is ready to launch phase one to collect the necessary data to effectively address gaps in access, affordability, and digital literacy throughout Ottawa County.
The committee will use surveys and marketing awareness materials in English and Spanish to gather data, refine broadband availability maps, and improve understanding of community access, needs, and current use of high-speed internet. Merit is partnering with communities around the region to help spread the word about the importance of completing the surveys to gather more data to identify gaps and solutions. For additional information, please visit the following website https://www.miottawa.org/Departments/Planning/broadband.htm#digitalInclusion
Collaborating with key stakeholders, the team will venture into an analytics-driven institution journey where technology and relationships work together to:
- align data and technology with Grand Valley's strategic priorities,
- create a Data Strategy Committee to define, oversee and advance data policies and standards,
- identify and integrate data between systems and campus stakeholders,
- leverage data as a strategic institutional asset,
- manage ethical implications of data and analytics, developing a framework for data integrity and accessibility,
- empower the campus community with qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions for student success,
- deliver data visualization and insights to become a data-centric student institution.