LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Register a WiFi Device
Wireless devices like smart TVs, gaming console, and smart home devices must be registered in order to connect to the GV-Gamenet WiFi.
To register a device:
- Visit https://services.gvsu.edu/TDClient/60/Portal/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=502
- Click "Sign In" at the top of the window and sign in with your GVSU network ID and password.
- Click "Submit a Ticket" on the left.
Please Note: If your device will be using a wired Internet connection there is no need to register it. Just connect an Ethernet cable to an active port in your room and you're good to go.
- Fill out the requested information. Make sure the wireless MAC address is accurate (it will always be 12 characters long and can only include letters A-F and numbers 0-9). If you don't see your device listed under "Device Type", please select "Other" and enter a custom Device Type.
- Click "Request" and your device registration will be processed within a couple minutes. Once you receive an email confirmation, connect your device to GV-Gamenet WiFi.
- Each device has a unique wireless MAC address. Please enter this information carefully and accurately or your device registration will be successful.
- Google Chromecasts and Google Homes do not work on campus at this time because of the way they authenticate to a network.
If you run into any issues during or after registration, please contact IT Services at (616) 331-2101 or email@example.com.