LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Register a WiFi Device
Wireless devices like smart TVs, gaming console, and smart home devices must be registered in order to connect to the GV-Gamenet WiFi.
To register a device:
- Visit www.gvsu.edu/itselfservice
- Click "Login" at the top of the window and sign in with your GVSU network ID and password.
- Click "Register a WiFi Device" on the left.
Please Note: If your device will be using a wired Internet connection there is no need to register it. Just connect an Ethernet cable to an active port in your room and you're good to go.
- Click "Register Wireless Device" to continue.
- Select the type of device you would like to register and enter the device's wireless MAC address (sometimes called a "physical address").
- Click "Submit" and your device registration will be processed right away. Your device should be able to connect to GV-Gamenet within 60 seconds.
- Each device has a unique wireless MAC address consisting of letters A-F and numbers 0-9. Please enter this information carefully and accurately or your device registration will not work.
- If you don't see your device listed there, it may not work on GVSU's WiFi. For example, Google Chromecasts and Google Homes do not work on campus at this time because of the way they authenticate to a network.
If you run into any issues during or after registration, feel free to contact the IT Service Desk at (616) 331-2101 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.