Getting Connected Students
How do I Log in to WiFi?
- Students can access the GV-Student WiFi network on a Mac computer, a Windows computer, or a smart device.
- GV-Student should appear in your device's list of available available wireless networks when you are on campus.
- Log in using your GVSU username and password.
- You may need to accept or trust a wireless certificate to finish connecting after logging in.
- NEVER SHARE YOUR PASSWORD in order to let someone else log into GV-Faculty-Staff WiFi with your account. You are personally responsible for everything that is done on a device that is connected to the network with your credentials.
What if I cannot log in?
- Confirm that your username and password are being entered correctly. If they are, forget the wireless network, restart your device, and try connecting again.
- If you are still unable to connect, make sure that you are able to log in to your email or WiFi on another device (like a smart phone).
- If necessary, reset your password via www.gvsu.edu/passwordreset or by calling the Help Desk at 616-331-2101.
- If you've tried everything listed above and it still won't work, please contact the Help Desk either by phone (616-331-2101), email (email@example.com), or visit us at 010 Mary Idema Pew Library.
Connecting Smart Devices and Gaming Systems on Campus
- Students must register certain smart devices (like a smart TV or smart speaker) and gaming devices (like an Xbox or PlayStation) before they can be connected to GV-GameNet.
- NOTE: Computers and smart phones should be connected to GV-Student WiFi.
- Devices can be registered by visiting the Help Desk's online Self-Service Portal, selecting Register a WiFi Device, and logging in with your GVSU network credentials.
- NOTE: Do not register devices for other people. You are solely responsible for whatever devices you registered to Grand Valley's network.
- You will need to know the device's wireless MAC address (sometimes called a physical address) in order to register the device. If you're having trouble finding your device's MAC address, a quick online search will typically give you directions.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your device has been successfully registered.
- Once your device has been registered you can connect it to the GV-GameNet WiFi, no password required.
- NOTE: GV-GameNet does not support wireless printers or certain smart devices like Google Chomecasts.
- If you run into any issues please contact the IT Help Desk at 616-331-2101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Off Campus File Access
- Students can access their GVSU private drive and the GVSU-Labdata drive from a personal computer logging into mystudentdata.gvsu.edu with your GVSU username and password.
- If you run into any issues please contact the IT Help Desk either by phone (616-331-2101), email (email@example.com), or visit us at 010 Mary Idema Pew Library.
Visitor/Guest Wireless Access
- Temporary guest access is available to all visitors of the University. From your device, connect to the GV-Visitor wireless network and agree to the terms. Once connected you will receive wireless network access for 5 days after which time you will need to reconnect and accept the terms for another 5 days.