Tuition-free academic excellence. You have our word on it.
When it comes to access to a first-class college education, a student's family income should not be a barrier. That's why we've vowed to help make a Grand Valley education accessible to more students than ever with our Grand Valley Pledge. Our new program is simple: We pledge that admitted students who meet the short list of other criteria below will be automatically awarded full undergraduate tuition and course fees, renewable for up to four years.
"The Grand Valley Pledge is a commitment to our communities," said Grand Valley President Philomena V. Mantella. "It is another way of assuring that we create opportunity and advance equity in the communities in which we live and teach, as well as inspire a broader movement of making higher education accessible to all."
That's the Grand Valley Pledge and you have our word on it.
How Does the Grand Valley Pledge Work?
Recipients must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be admitted as an undergraduate degree-seeking freshman (beginning with Fall 2021)
- Live in one of the following Michigan counties:
- Grand Traverse
- Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $0 - $50,000, as reported on the FAFSA
- Family Assets of $50,000 or less, as reported on the FAFSA
- Must be enrolled full-time
Renewable for an additional three years
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Must file a FAFSA annually
- Must continue to meet family AGI and asset requirements as outlined above