Effective immediately, Grand Valley has revised its face mask policy and moved to Alert Level 1. This is done with guidance from area health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as COVID-19 health indicators continue to lessen locally and nationally.
To keep moving in the right direction, GVSU will continue to require face masks be worn properly in the classroom and in certain other campus spaces. Details are listed below.
Please remember, any member of the GVSU community may choose to wear a mask and will be supported for doing so. Keep masks close by in case someone asks you to wear one. Details about the mask policy are posted on this Lakers Together webpage.
Face masks are required in the following campus spaces:
- In all classrooms, academic labs and other indoor spaces of instructional learning (except the Children's Enrichment Center);
- University Libraries: Knowledge Market space, instructional labs and help desks;
- Tutoring centers, Student Academic Success Center, and Laker Academic Success Center;
- Academic advising offices;
- University Counseling Center;
- Disability Support Resources and DSR testing spaces;
- Campus health care centers and COVID testing locations;
- Faculty and staff can require masks in their private offices;
- Rapid buses, because of federal mandates;
- During specific university-sponsored events, where signage indicates masks are required.