Women's History Month events continue through March
Women's History Month will be celebrated on campus with a series of events coordinated by the Gayle R. Davis Center for Women and Gender Equity.
Events are sponsored by multiple campus departments and can be viewed online at gvsu.edu/cwge.
Highlighted events are listed below.
• Ntozake Shange event; March 12, 1-3 p.m., Kirkhof Center, room 2270: A presentation of Shange's work followed by readings from the choreopoem, "For Colored Girls."
• Talk Back Tuesday; March 12, noon-1 p.m., Kirkhof Center, room 1201: The CWGE hosts a monthly discussion on current events and topics. Refreshments are provided.
• Annual EqualiTEA; March 19, 3-4:30 p.m., Kirkhof Center, Grand River Room: The CWGE will host the 16th annual tea providing time for discussions about literature, politics and reform. Entertainment and refreshments are provided. RSVP online here.
• Celebration of Women Awards, March 27, 3 p.m., Kirkhof Center, Grand River Room: The Women's Commission in conjunction with CWGE; Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies; and Positive Black Women, recognizes men and women who have made an impact on the lives of women.
• Feminist Film Friday; March 29, 2-5 p.m, in the Center for Women and Gender Equity: Watch and discuss films across the spectrum of gender justice in the CWGE lounge.