LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
The Office of Sponsored Programs, serves GVSU faculty and staff members by identifying funding opportunities to resource their scholarly and creative activity, and by supporting them in the development, submission, and non-financial administration of their externally sponsored programs.
Our services include:
- Funding searches designed to match proposed projects and goals
- Obtaining the University's commitment to a project via internal routing through Streamlyne
- Proposal development support, guidance, and submission
- Acceptance and processing of awards, interpretation, and terms and conditions
- Technical training and grant writing workshops
Matrix of Responsibilities
Sponsored projects require a team effort. For an at-a-glance view of the area of responsibility for each participant in the sponsored programs process, check out our Matrix of Responsibilities.
Budgeting a Sponsored Project? Make sure to use the current GVSU Facilities & Administrative (F&A) cost rate (a.k.a. Indirect-Cost).
For all sponsored-projects with an award date of July 1, 2020 or later, GVSU Principal Investigators must use the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services negotiated rate of 29.6% of Modified Total Direct Costs. For more information related to F&A cost recovery can be viewed in the Grand Valley Manual.
Remember, grant awards are awarded to the University as opposed to an individual. Be sure that before you submit or sign anything you check with OSP that it's OK to do so. The Authorized Representative at GVSU is the only person allowed to submit or sign proposals or awards!